Brandow & Johnston, currently has an opening for a Design level Engineer for our Newport Beach, CA office structural engineering department. Project types include design of new buildings, seismic evaluation, and retrofit of existing buildings and tenant improvement projects.
- Read plans and specifications
- Apply engineering knowledge to simple engineering tasks.
- Work closely with CAD drafters to develop knowledge for the production of construction documents
- Ability to take direction from fellow engineers and drafters
- Structural analysis and design of projects of all material types (steel, concrete, masonry, and wood)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in structural engineering
- Masters of Science Degree in Structural Engineering preferred
- Knowledge of general engineering principals, statics, dynamics of structures and general engineering design.
- Basic knowledge of structural design for concrete, steel, timber, and masonry
- Ability to perform routine engineering tasks with close supervision
- Strong technical and communication (verbal and written) skills
We offer a work environment where professional growth is encouraged. This opportunity is accompanied by an excellent compensation and benefits package.
Candidates must be currently able to work in the United States without sponsorship. Brandow & Johnston does not sponsor work visas.
For immediate consideration: