Brandow & Johnston currently has an opening for a Project Engineer for our Los Angeles, CA office structural engineering department. Project types include design of new buildings, seismic evaluation, and retrofit of existing buildings and tenant improvement projects.
- Oversees design and construction for projects of increasing complexity.
- Participates in construction administration, site observations.
- Writes observation reports.
- Provides or structural calculations.
- Demonstrated technical skills
- Work closely with CAD drafters to produce construction documents.
- Mentor Design Engineers
- Meet with and begin to develop relationships with Architects, Contractors, Owners and Clients
- Bachelor of Science Degree in structural engineering.
- Masters of Science Degree in Structural Engineering preferred.
- Two years of professional work experience
- Professional engineering license in the State of California to practice Civil Engineering
- Intimate knowledge of general engineering principals, statics, dynamics of structures and general engineering design
- Ability to perform increasingly complex engineering tasks with general supervision
- Ability to read and produce civil and/or structural drawings
- Ability to review civil and/or structural specifications
- Strong technical and communication (verbal and written) skills.
We offer a work environment where professional growth is encouraged. This opportunity is accompanied by an excellent compensation and benefits package.
Candidates must be currently able to work in the United States without sponsorship. Brandow & Johnston does not sponsor work visas.