Brandow & Johnston, currently has an opening for an Intern for our Los Angeles, CA office structural engineering department. Project types include design of new buildings, seismic evaluation and retrofit of existing buildings, and various renovation projects.
- Read plans and specifications
- Apply engineering knowledge to routine engineering tasks under close supervision.
- Support various engineering staff on multiple projects as needed.
- Perform basic calculations to analyze and design individual building components using company standard software and proprietary manufacturer software
- Work closely with CAD drafters to develop knowledge for the production of construction documents
- Ability to take direction from senior engineers and from drafters
- Basic structural analysis and design of projects of all material types (steel, concrete, masonry, and wood)
- Minimum 3 years of a Bachelor’s program in Civil Engineering with a concentration in structural engineering and at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Knowledge of general engineering principals, statics, dynamics of structures and general engineering design.
- Basic knowledge of structural design for concrete, steel, timber, and masonry
- Ability to perform routine engineering tasks with close supervision
- Strong and communication skills (verbal and written)
We offer a work environment where professional growth is encouraged.
Candidates must be currently able to work in the United States without sponsorship. Brandow & Johnston does not sponsor work visas.